Home    |    About TASG    |    Before and After     |     Weekly Meals & Exercise     |    TASG Goes Hiking  

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

MFD entry 16

This post was copied from an entry on My Food Diary (MFD) during my pre-blogging days. Back then, I used the forums on MFD as my daily 'blog'. Just wanted to get my entire journey in one place.
_________________________________________
December 10, 2008
So I've been MIA this weekend because of holiday stuff... finishing up shopping... planning a big Christmas Day dinner with a lot of my family... and just plain catching up on some R and R because this time of year is crazy! So thought I would update my Personal Story page when I had the chance so here I go:

As I posted last week Friday, my weigh-in was 160.8! Something I was very proud of because I can't believe I'm losing weight during the holidays (well, I hope I didn't just jinx myself... holidays are only a third over!) and I'm almost in the 150's!!!! :) The last time I was in the 150's was well over several years ago back in the 2002's and 2003's. YEA! Well, cut to today and my weigh-in is... 159.2! 140's here I come!

I also discovered something else this morning... I can fit into my old size 10 jeans! Now these aren't jeans that I wore before so I know they haven't been stretched out by my big butt yet... this are brand new size 10 jeans!! I can't believe MFD is working so well for me. Everyday I try to find something I notice has changed since I started this new lifestyle and it's such a good form of motivation for me! For example, this weekend I'm going through ALL my clothes and trying on everything! Tossing the things that are too big and rewearing the things that were too small for me to comfortably fit recently! I'll be taking some pictures and posting them when I have a chance.

Another thing I've noticed is the improvement in my exercise intensity and level. There is one hike that my boyfriend and I love to do which is the Diamond Head Hike (anyone who's visited Oahu probably has done this). It's not particularly hard, but there is a section of 100 steps going straight up that will take the wind out of you. Well I remember we did it when I first started MFD and I was so out of shape and we hiked up so quickly that I was light-headed and extremely nauseous. Well fast-forward to this Sunday... we flew up the mountain, passing any person who was in front of us (something you're not suppose to do on this trail but I can't let anyone hold me back) and climbed those stairs non-stop. It felt so good to be able to do that! Our goal is to be able to eventually run the entire trail.

Well this past Saturday we went hiking on a different trail too... seriously the stair master from hell (see the picture). It's an almost mile-long old railroad going up a mountain almost the same height. And the entire trail is made of stairs! It's a fairly intense hike, especially for someone like me who is prone to shin splints but let me tell you, you won't have to ever worry about your quads, hamstrings, or glutes if you do this hike every week! So anyway, my boyfriend and I went with our friends and our dogs but my friends got held up so we didn't start the hike until about 12:30... the hottest time of day on one of the hottest sides of the island. Anyway everything is going good, but halfway up the mountain I feel like I'm going to collapse and throw up... the heat was so crazy that a few of us had to stop and rest before we passed out - and did I mention that when we first got there, there were ambulance crews and fire fighters already there because someone did pass out on the trail?! So at least help was there in case I needed it. :) We all decided to head back down because it was just way too hot and the dogs were not going to make it at all.

I'm going back this weekend to conquer it but we're starting at 8:30 in the morning so there's no excuses this time!

No comments: