Home    |    About TASG    |    Before and After     |     Weekly Meals & Exercise     |    TASG Goes Hiking  

Monday, June 7, 2010

Still here....

 Been in a funk lately with stress, lack of sleep, headaches, and did I mention stress?

Lots going on at work so will be busy busy busy.

Nutrition has been pretty bad this weekend with burgers, pizza, and ice cream but still getting in my workouts.  I'm not saying it's okay I ate crap because I worked out, but it's better that I at least worked out... right?

Anyway, so Insanity is awesome!  It's just as crazy as I though it would be and after getting in my fourth workout, it still kicks my ass every time.  Because I'm in month one and the workouts are a little shorter (40 minutes) I supplement my Insanity workouts with a quick upper-body workout after.  For those that don't know, Insanity is very cardio/plyo based so it lacks a little on the upper body strength training.  Sure you have some push-ups and tricep work, but nothing that gives my muscles a good pump.

I'm not following the program like scheduled but instead I throw in dvd's as I please.  I do better at things that don't make it a requirment to do something... tell me I HAVE to do a certain workout and I don't want to.  Leave it up to me and my workout will get done.  Human-nautre at it's best!

6 comments:

Mishy said...

those workouts sound awesome!

i'm going on day 4 of a headache that won't quit. that's not good, not good for anybody.

Salina Lyn said...

Work stress huh? Seems to be going around like the plague. Me too! And as a result, I can't shake any weight off no matter how much I exercise or how much I stick to counting my calories. I keep hoping I'll step on the scale and 5lbs will just disappear like THAT but it keeps not happening. Bastard scale!

CJ said...

I can relate to that! I am in midst of a work hurricane! Its good that you are keeping in your work outs! That way you can still control yourself. Stay put! You'll get your mojo back very soon :)

Boomer said...

I didn't know that you were doing Insanity. Very cool! The second month is nuts! He kicks it in another gear. Have fun with it!

Deb said...

Congrats on the Insanity! It's good to have something you love that kicks butt.

Chris said...

stress sucks, seems it is part of almost everyone's daily life! I'm sure with those insanity workouts you're burning off the pizza and burgers quickly!