Home    |    About TASG    |    Before and After     |     Weekly Meals & Exercise     |    TASG Goes Hiking  

Thursday, June 4, 2009

And the results are in...

... and I'm fat! But I knew that! Yesterday I had my consultation at my gym and it took about an hour. I really liked the trainer I was paired up with because he's also a dietitian (which is why the gym gave me a "he" instead of a "she" like I asked) . We went over my current diet and exercise routine and then did the body fat testing. It was a four-spot caliper reading and it came out to 37%. Yup... you read that right! But I wasn't expecting anything lower so I'm okay with it.

Anyway, after doing the calculations, he figured out that if I kept the lean muscle I have now without gaining any muscle, but only lost body fat, I would be at 19% body fat at my goal weight of 120. THAT'S LEAN, BABY! Back in high school, all 8 years ago, no way was I ever that lean. I weighed 115 - 120 lbs. in h.s. but I still had the fat on me. I can't wait to see what my "new" body will look like when I get there.

So 37% body fat... that means I have:
51.8 lbs. of fat and 88.2 lbs. of everything else

51.8 lbs. of fat is a huge amount! I don't even want to know how many pounds it was before I lost weight and started weight lifting. That really put things in perspective. I can't wait to get started taking advantage of everything the gym has to offer!

UPDATE TO THIS POST: I have a personal trainer for 20 sessions starting tomorrow! This may interfere with P90X a little but my trainer knows that I'm doing the program so he wants me to bring in the fitness guide and see if we can work something out as far tailoring my workouts to follow P90X. I didn't want to give up P90X completely but I really wanted to take advantage of the first-time-gym-member personal trainer fees. I wanted to get a trainer to learn proper form for weight lifting to avoid injury and get the most benefit out of lifting. I can't wait to start!

4 comments:

J. Branson said...

Sounds great Annie...how'd the diet compare?

Anonymous said...

Hey Annie don't get too worried about the BF# when I started P90X in June'08 I was at 32% BF and I'm 20% BF almost a year later. It doesn't take long to bring that number down if you stick to your guns and bring it both in the workouts and your nutrition! I know you will get there!!!!

Deuce said...

Annie, I hate to see anyone shy away from their P90X program; the blogs are full of P90X dropouts where their blogs just stop, usually around week 5 or 6. However, it seems like you are stepping it up a notch and that's not hateful.

You’re dialed in with your goal of balancing weight training, cardio, and nutrition. Your mind is in the right place and that's the hard part.

You're doing great and I'm cheering for you from 4,500 miles away!

Anonymous said...

I love that you have a good measurement for your body fat now. I think you are really on the right track and as you get closer to your goal weight you will see big drops in the scale and/or the body fat.

I think joining a gym will be great for you too. Find the things you love that you can adapt to your P90X and you will be on a roll. I would imagine being connected to a community of like minded exercisers will give you a whole new outlook on the "new you".

Plus, back to the "friends" who said you were getting too thin a while back *ahem* I think your new friends at the gym will be your "go to group" when comments like that come up again. They "get it".

Jay :)