Home    |    About TASG    |    Before and After     |     Weekly Meals & Exercise     |    TASG Goes Hiking  

Friday, June 8, 2012

It's official...

... I am a certified personal trainer WITH A JOB!!!

I just got back from filing out and signing all the hiring documents at the gym!!!  As long as the background check clears (which it should, right?) my start date is July 1!

It's so surreal how this is all playing out.

I swear it was just last weekend that I came home from my personal trainer certification workshop... but now the hard part begins. 

Branding and selling myself. 
Finding my niche as a trainer.
Gaining (and holding on to) clients.
Studying for more certifications.
Learning a WHOLE lot more about the industry.

I'm scared nervous excited going in to this, but I plan to make it work!  This is my way of paying it forward and helping others who also struggle on this journey.



10 comments:

safire said...

Congratulations! :) This is so exciting!

Nellie said...

Congrats! That's great!

Caron said...

Great news! It will be exciting following your progress in this new challenge. :)

Unknown said...

Wohoo! The biggest congratulations!

Lora said...

That is awesome! Congratulations : )

Mandy said...

Congrats!

Jenn said...

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Kaizen Project said...

That's great, congratulations!!!
I haven't had a lot to do with trainers, I have only been around them the past 7 weeks or so, but I have learned a little. There are 2 I love, and many I am not at all happy to be trained by. Not that they are bad, they just dont give what the other 2 do. I have learned I love trainers who take you on personally, not just as another body. They invest their time and energy into you and they care about how far you come. They push hard, but they do it with personal investment in you, they want to see you get strong and healthy. The ones I dont like, just go through the motions and dont connect with you. The ones who invest in us are the trainers that keep us coming back, in my opinion.

Unknown said...

You're going to be an awesome trainer! Congrats! :D

Miles In Murray said...

I am so excited and SO proud of you!! You are going to do awesome as a personal trainer!!!