Home    |    About TASG    |    Before and After     |     Weekly Meals & Exercise     |    TASG Goes Hiking  

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Recommitment to my health

Lots of emails asking how or what caused me to get my motivation back, and I don't have one simple answer - if it were simple, we'd all be all goal already, right - but a lot of has to do with my change in mindset.

Here are a few examples of what changed:
  • tired of feeling like it was "okay" to gain the weight back cause everyone does it, but then hate getting mad at myself for doing it
  • tired of feeling like a complete failure
  • tired of breaking promises to myself everyday about getting exercise in
  • tired of feeling like living healthy was a chore
These are just a few of the things I've tried to change over the past weeks but if you take a look at my daily food intake, I'm still not making the best choices... some choices aren't even close to bad - they're HORRIBLE!

Taco Bell, ice cream at night, fries, etc. BUT by refocusing on one thing at a time, I'm able to balance the bad eating.  My exercise has been great over the past couple of weeks and although I'm not down a ton of weight, my weight is down and in my book, that's a huge win!

Now I know some of you might be rolling your eyes at me and saying "Had you not eaten like crap, you would have been down a lot more".  And yes, that's true, but again... baby steps.  Right now I'm focusing on my exericse habits (or lack of habits) and once I'm comfortable with that, I'll move on to taming the calories.

2 comments:

Becky Baker Horn said...

As my husband likes to remind me, "You didn't gain all of the weight overnight, and you won't lose it overnight." So celebrate every small victory and forgive yourself for the failures and get back up and in the race. It is a marathon, not a sprint and a lifestyle, not a diet!

Annalisa@Gracie'sGarden said...

oooh ooooh ooooh! LOVE the last post. LOVE IT!

Baby Steps AMEN! You are doing great, don't let anyone convince you otherwise. Don't forget: "Run when you can, walk if you have to, crawl if you must, just never give up!"

Weekends Minutes Challenge :) I'm going for gold - 200 minutes. You in?