Home    |    About TASG    |    Before and After     |     Weekly Meals & Exercise     |    TASG Goes Hiking  

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

April Goals

Love the Spring/Eastery colors?
  1. Weight-train 5-6x/week
    • Continue LiveFit (which I LOVE by the way).  6-day splits are getting tough to schedule because of personal training sessions so one week of LiveFit actually takes me about 10 days to complete.  No big deal.
  2.  Short-duration (20 - 30 minutes) cardio 5-6x/week
    • Phase II of LiveFit adds in cardio to the routine and it's weird how much I've missed it!  Don't get me wrong, I'm a weights girl all the way, but there's nothing like getting your sweat on doing sprints!
  3. Keep food calories between 1300 - 1500 on average/week
    • Last month I averaged 1600 cals a day with no weight-loss so bringing the cals down a little bit to 1500.  The 1300 - 1500 calorie range does NOT count my supplements (multi-vit, BCAA's, creatine, fish oil, etc.) so with those added in, I'm looking at an extra 150 - 200 calories, bringing my true daily cals up to 1500 - 1700.
  4. In bed by 11:30 on weeknights
    • Ahh, bed time.  Brings back memories from elementary school days but I'm bringing it back because sleep is just as important as exercise and nutrition.  It's one of those areas I never focused on and lack of sleep could be causing  delayed progress... along with other health issues.  My normal bed time is around 1:00am with a wake-up time of 6:15am.  Gonna try and change that this month.
  5. Plan my meals for the week on Sunday
    • If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail!  'Nuff said!  Nutrition is the hardest part of the weight-loss journey for me, so I gotta make it as simple as possible to keep on track.  Making a weekly meal plan helps with that.
March Recap
As you can see, I had a tough last week of March... I blame it on Spring break (don't you love how I always blame it on something else... Super Bowl, Valentine's Day, Spring Break... and never me?).  Being free from work for a week meant being free from my normal routine and daily planned meals, too.  At least the month ended with a 1.4 pound loss.  =)



9 comments:

Jenn said...

Great calenar of goals!

Lora said...

Love your goal regarding keeping a sleep routine. I'm currently in school for sleep therapy and people would be amazed what getting the right amount of sleep would do for their health.

Amanda said...

Great evaluation of what was working and what might work better - your goals seem really smart and doable! I have to try to get with a bedtime again too, it makes SUCH a difference!!

That Dayum DeeDee said...

Love the calendar idea! You are so organized...I so what to be like you in that aspect when I grow up! lol

Caron said...

I've been filling in the exercise calendar AFTER it's accomplished. I wonder if this might work better for me. I know that I have certain days for Zumba but the rest is dictated by my going through my options and saying "That." Maybe Week 3 I'll try pre-planning. Thanks for the idea.

Treadmill Hiker said...

When you have a moment, I'd like to know what sort of things make you cross of "eat clean all day". I'm thinking you must have a much more strict definition of clean eating than I do. For instance - are Cheerios clean? Canned chickpeas? Cabot reduced fat cheddar cheese? Breads with all natural ingredients, even if they consist of more than the bare minimum of ingredients?? I've been considering those things clean, and feeling good about it. Am I kidding myself?

Anonymous said...

I really like that you put the sleep goal in there! I know my eating goes to poop if I am sleep deprived! Great job with March and I can't wait to see how April goes :)

Anonymous said...

I think you are doing fantastic! You are so good at looking at all the areas of your life. I love that you are trying to work on more sleep. I'm a sleepy head so I am in bed no later than 11 every night - except on the weekends waiting up on teenagers. :) You know that little bump in the scale will not be there next week. You're getting all really good healthy foods in your system and that's the important part.

Shannon said...

Love your calendar!

Sleep is one of those things that I fall behind on-there's just too many things I want to do each day! :)

Shannon
http://www.everystepcounts365.wordpress.com