Week 2 Goals
- Keep on going. Continue my current 12-week exercise program, which will take me into the middle of May.
- Sun: lower body weight training
- Mon: arms and abs weight training + HIIT
- Tues: plyo + full-body weight training
- Wed: shoulders weight trainig + cardio
- Thur: chest and abs weight training + HIIT
- Fri: cardio
- Sat: plyo + full-body weight training
- Clean, clean, clean! My #1 priority for the next 10 weeks is to really focus on and dial in my nutrition. Clean, whole foods to support my body and intense workouts. Meals planned for the week, done.
- Increase healthy fats. Definitely need to add more "smart fats" to my diet: salmon, avocado, nuts, olive oil, flaxseeds, coconut oil, etc. Avocados, almonds, walnuts, fish oil, flaxseed oil, and/or olive oil in every meal!
- New eats = happy tummy. Making it a goal to try one new recipe a week. Nutrition can get pretty boring if you eat the same things over and over, so finding 10 new (hopefully yummy) recipes to add to my rotation will do me good. Have another recipe planned for the middle of the week. I'm feeling something soupy since the weather has been kinda wet and rainy here.
- Do a workout that you don't normally do, mix it up! I plan to jump on the spin bike to do one of my cardio sessions. I've only been on a spin bike once so the change will be good.
Week 1 recap and mini-challengeOverall week one was good... killed the exercise goals but could have done better with my nutrition. I wasn't on my normal schedule and had last week off from work so being home/always out made it tough. No excuses next week...
- Keep on going. Continue my current 12-week exercise program, which will take me into the middle of May. Breaking down this goal by writing out exactly what I need to do each day.
Sun: back, biceps, and hamstrings weight training + 5-mile hike Mon: hiking Tues: plyo + full-body weight training Wed: shoulders and abs weight training Thur: back weight training + 20 min HIIT Fri:OFF DAY =) Sat: plyo + full body weight training
- Clean, clean, clean! Planned out my meals for the week and stuck to it for all my meals but a couple. Not too bad.
- Increase healthy fats. Stocked up on avocados, salmon, a new to me cooking oil (macadamia nut oil), almond butter, flaxseed oil and coconut oil.
- New eats = happy tummy. Tried this recipe (loved it) and also got around to making another new recipe: salsa chicken. 2 cups salsa + one chopped onion + 3 lbs. chicken, into the slow cooker and set on low for 8 hours. That's it!
I give you the chayote squash. Sauteed it up with some coconut oil, apples, cinnamon and stevia... yummy!!!