Home    |    About TASG    |    Before and After     |     Weekly Meals & Exercise     |    TASG Goes Hiking  

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Weigh-in Wednesday: AHHHHH man!

First of all, I'm loving all the guesses on my exciting news (best guess: Olympic torch runner)!  Just a couple more hints:
  • If everything works out, I'll need a whole new wardrobe (not weight-loss related)
  • I'll be paying it forward
  • And no, I'm not getting married.  Let's not rush into things, now.
On to the weigh-in...

Starting weight: 176.4 lbs.
Last week weight:  127.0
Current weight:  126.4
Current loss:  -0.6
TOTAL LOSS:  -50.0

A regular happy face doesn't even cut it...
...even this one barley contains how I feel.


WOOT WOOT!!!  Hit the 50lbs. mark on the dot!!  I was so excited when I weighed in with Trainer L, that I actually started to choke up and got a little teary eyed.  Kinda weird for Trainer L to see me get like that since normally he's used to seeing my heavy squatting face:


My thoughts on hitting this tremendous milestone:
  • This journey takes time.  I decided to lose the weight for good back in September of 2008... almost four years later and I'm down 50 lbs.  Many people can lose that amount of weight in less than a year, but this is MY journey and I did what worked for ME.
  • Anyone who said losing weight is easy is a F*@$^% liar! Period!
  • Every set back I had or mistake I made came with a valuable lesson learned.  Don't let these stand in your way of anything.
  • Ice cream and pizza will always be a part of my life so it's just something I need to work around.  No big deal since I'm still moving in the right direction.
  •  Reaching goals and milestones are AWESOME, but it doesn't end your journey.  You need to reevaluate where you are and strive to improve yourself for the rest of your life.  It's a lifestyle change... not an "only-till-I-lose-30-pounds" change.
  • Health and fitness are no longer just things I do... it's now a part of who I am (another hint for my exciting news).
  • I've still got a lot more work to do but I'm so excited about doing it!

11 comments:

BabyWeightMyFatAss said...

Congrats!!! What an awesome accomplishment!

Jenn said...

CONGRATS!!!

what a milestone!!

And while you look fantastic, I know you feel even better!!!

Can't wait for you to reveal your big news!!!

Nellie said...

Congrats! You look GREAT!

safire said...

Congratulations on reaching 50 lbs loss! Fabulous :)

Lora said...

WOW!! Congrats on hitting that milestone. You look amazing!

Miles In Murray said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!! I am soooo proud of you! You have worked so hard for this :)

I can't wait to hear what your exciting news is. Personal training?? Nutritionist?? Hmmm...

Your before and current photos are awesome! You look so good!

gjsmommy said...

Way to go...YOU look AWESOME! My guess is that you are entering the fitness & nutrition field as a career! You have been such an inspiration to me as we have a few things in common. I am a shortie asian & I was 175 at my heaviest. I started my serious journey to health almost 2 years ago at 165. I am down 22 lbs and still going strong with my fitness. My struggle is also with food/nutrition, but following your blog helps! So a BIG thank you to you & a high five too!

Anonymous said...

Is Annie going to be a Personal Trainer perhaps?
Congrats on this amazing milestone! I am so happy for you :)

PlumPetals said...

Hmmm I'm also guess that maybe you're going to be a personal trainer of some sort. Congratulations on your success. You look fantastic :)

MS. Bad Mama Jama said...

Congrats!!!

Maren said...

WOW! Look at you.. that is so amazing, 50lbs... you look so healthy and happy!