Home    |    About TASG    |    Before and After     |     Weekly Meals & Exercise     |    TASG Goes Hiking  

Thursday, December 4, 2008

MFD entry 14

This post was copied from an entry on My Food Diary (MFD) during my pre-blogging days. Back then, I used the forums on MFD as my daily 'blog'. Just wanted to get my entire journey in one place.
_________________________________________
December 4, 2008
So I did my first actually "run" last night (yes, at like 10:00) after a Christmas party I had. I had no idea what to expect since it's been years since I ran, but I got out there with my boyfriend and we did about 4 miles at a walk/run pace. It was surprisingly good and I really enjoyed it. Today my knees are a little tight but they're not sore. This was my biggest fear... having my joints get used to carrying my pounding weight when I ran... so I'm happy with how I feel today. We were out for almost an hour and a half which was WAY too long. We were only suppose to train for about an hour, but time went by so fast we didn't even realize what time it was till we decided to head back home.

We ended up coming home around 11:15 and my security/doorman thought we were crazy... exercising at 11:00 at night! I told him we were training for a 13K in February and that was the only time I had yesterday to get in a run and he said, "Wow, you're a lot more determined and dedicated then a lot of other people I know who exercise". That made me feel so good!

Let's just hope I can keep it up!

No comments: