Home    |    About TASG    |    Before and After     |     Weekly Meals & Exercise     |    TASG Goes Hiking  

Thursday, January 15, 2009

MFD entry 26

This post was copied from an entry on My Food Diary (MFD) during my pre-blogging days. Back then, I used the forums on MFD as my daily 'blog'. Just wanted to get my entire journey in one place.
_________________________________________
January 15, 2009
So this week I've been in a slump... eating and exercising as normal, but I've slowly been gaining since my last posted weigh-in of 156. Last week Friday I was at 156.2, then this past Monday I was at 156.8. Yesterday morning I was at 157.8! This weight-loss journey is such a mind-game. I know, I know... I come here and vent when the number on the scale isn't moving (or it's moving in the wrong direction!), but it does get frustrating. I can't blame TOM this time, and I don't know what it could be. And I know, I know... it's only been one week that the scale hasn't been nice, but still.

Anyway, moving on. Even though my shin splints haven't been back (knock on wood), the other weekend my boyfriend fell and injured his leg on one of our hikes so we haven't been able to get in any more runs. I'm getting a little nervous because my 13K is in 5 weeks and so far I've only trained about 3 or 4 times! I think my cardio is up to par for the run, I just don't know how the rest of my body will handle it. My boyfriend thinks he can start running again this weekend, but if he can't, I need to figure something out! I only have time to go running when it's dark at night, so I don't feel comfortable running alone in my neighborhood. This is not an excuse to not go running, our neighborhood is scary at night! Well just wait and see if we make it out this weekend.

Anyway, other than that everything has been the same. I've made it to the beach a couple of times last week because our weather here is so great and because I feel so good having lost almost 20 pounds. Granted I'm still big, but losing weight does do something for the self-confidence. I love it!

No comments: