Home    |    About TASG    |    Before and After     |     Weekly Meals & Exercise     |    TASG Goes Hiking  

Thursday, January 29, 2009

MFD entry 30

This post was copied from an entry on My Food Diary (MFD) during my pre-blogging days. Back then, I used the forums on MFD as my daily 'blog'. Just wanted to get my entire journey in one place.
_________________________________________
January 29, 2009
I've been good but busy again. As you can see, today is my bday... turning the big 2-6! It's actually not so bad since I started to become healthier, I really didn't feel like another year has come and gone. Exercising and eating right has made me feel like I've got more to live for... I LOVE IT!!

The other day I was at work, posting to another thread about my upcoming 13K in February. As I was writing about it, I actually started to tear up a little bit because I couldn't believe that I actually signed up for one. I've been training on and off for it and I know I'll do okay in it, but if you asked me to run one block 5 months ago, I would have been heaving for breath and I'm sure my muscles would have been sore for days. Last night I went running for an hour straight (with some minute stops at traffic lights) and I felt awesome after! I just never really thought about what an accomplishment it will be to finish the race and I didn't realize how far I've come in 4 months. It's all the more reason to keep on going in the right direction!

No comments: