Home    |    About TASG    |    Before and After     |     Weekly Meals & Exercise     |    TASG Goes Hiking  

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

MFD entry 28

This post was copied from an entry on My Food Diary (MFD) during my pre-blogging days. Back then, I used the forums on MFD as my daily 'blog'. Just wanted to get my entire journey in one place.
_________________________________________
January 21, 2009
So I just discovered something:

I am a HUGE ice cream fan but have really limited myself since starting MFD. Well my boyfriend and I just starting buying a box of 8 vanilla cones (the ones with the caramel centers... yum!) twice a month again. Well every single time we bought the box, I would throw away the box before I had a chance to enter the nutritional information into MFD. So when I log a cone in at night, I would just pick another one that MFD already had listed. I normally don't do this at all and I always input the nutritional facts in if it's not in MFD already, but I figured it was better than not logging anything.

Well we just went to the store yesterday to do some grocery shopping and as soon as I picked up the box, I read the label. Well what do you... they are DOUBLE the amount of calories I had been logging!!! :( I was picking an ice cream that was entered in MFD as 150 calories, but the actual cones were 310 calories!!! I didn't think there would be that much of a difference.

I learned my lesson! I just wonder where I'd be now, weight wise, had it not been for all the cones I've eaten since starting.

Oh well, live and learn... :)

No comments: