Home    |    About TASG    |    Before and After     |     Weekly Meals & Exercise     |    TASG Goes Hiking  

Monday, November 24, 2008

MFD entry 8

This post was copied from an entry on My Food Diary (MFD) during my pre-blogging days. Back then, I used the forums on MFD as my daily 'blog'. Just wanted to get my entire journey in one place.
_________________________________________
November 24, 2008
So after the mysterious 2 pound gain last week, I got frustrated! I never thought of quitting at all, but I'm glad it happened because it was actually a great form of motivation for me. :)

I kept up with the exercise (and maybe did a little extra to try and make up for the weight) and I continued to eat right throughout last week and this weekend.

Weigh-in this morning was at 163.8, so I'm just hoping the gain last week was because of TOM.

Anyway, this weekend was a really good weekend for me. Got up early on Saturday to go hiking, but it was pouring rain with thunder all day so instead I spent my time indoors. I went out to lunch with my parents and got to check out a local farmer's market (which is indoors) that I've never been to. That night I got in a good cardio workout while I was watching TV. When I first started MFD, I made it a point to NEVER turn on the TV unless I was going to workout for the first half an hour of it being on and this has really helped me keep on track. I am a huge reality show junkie so there's usually a different show on at least four times a week. So whenever I want to watch a show I make sure I get on my elliptical and go for AT LEAST 30 minutes. Great form of motivation!

Yesterday was a really good day too. The weather really cleared up but my boyfriend works during the day on Sundays so I couldn't go hiking. Instead I took my dog for a well needed walk down to the beach which is about a mile away. Later in the afternoon, I did Jillian Michaels' cardio kick-boxing, which I love! I haven't done if for over three weeks so today my legs are a little sore... but it burns so good! :)

This week I'm going to turn up the exercise just a bit in anticipation of Thanksgiving. I don't plan to eat a lot, but I know the calories will still add up.

My goals for this week:

:) at least maintain my weight around 163... if I can lose any, that's even better
:) exercise for at least 45 minutes 6 out of the 7 days left this month
-exercise must consist of cardio (kick boxing, tae bo, or elliptical), aerobics, weight training, and circuit training
:) have a serving of fruit or vegetable with EVERY meal
:) do push-ups EVERYDAY this week

I'll update my progress everyday or two...
_________________________________________

Setting these little goals make a HUGE difference for me. I always make sure I have my overall goal in mind, but I break it up and turn them into weekly or monthly mini goals. It makes the goal a lot more attainable when you do it this way.

No comments: