Home    |    About TASG    |    Before and After     |     Weekly Meals & Exercise     |    TASG Goes Hiking  

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

MFD entry 6

This post was copied from an entry on My Food Diary (MFD) during my pre-blogging days. Back then, I used the forums on MFD as my daily 'blog'. Just wanted to get my entire journey in one place.
_________________________________________
November 19, 2008
:(

Frustrated! That's how I feel. I started MFD about 2 months ago and did so well with everything... eating... exercising... logging, etc.

I've kept it up and have consistently lost about 1.25 a week since I started, bringing my weight down to 163.4 from 176.4. The 163.4 weigh-in was for this past Friday, Nov. 14.

Anyway, this weekend and up until today I've been up about 2 pounds!!

This weekend I was weighing in at almost 166, but I thought it was a "bad day" because I did have a pretty salty dinner the night before. Well I weighed myself on Monday and today, and the weigh-ins are 165.4 and 165.0 respectively. I don't understand the sudden 2 pound jump! There is no way I ate 3500 extra calories last week (actually it would 7000 extra calories for a 2 pound increase) but I don't know what's going on and it's a little frustrating! The only difference I can think of is my exercise pattern... last week I went on a couple of 600+ calorie-burning hikes but that's it. I also started weight training the other week, but I KNOW the 2 pound increase is not muscle... bodybuilders even have a hard time gaining 1 pound of muscle a week!!

I'm trying not to get upset about it but it's really hard when I can't figure out what's going on. I know weight loss has many bumps in the road, but I didn't think I was going to hit a bump so soon. I'm still young (25), still big (165.00 lbs) for my 5-foot frame, so I should be able to lose the weight no problem, like I have been doing since I started MFD. My boyfriend thought it was because of TOM, but that's not for another week and a half and TOM usually doesn't affect me weight-wise.

Maybe my body is changing because of this new "lifestyle" and exercise? I know when I first started MFD, my TOM was extremely out of whack! So much so I went in to see my OBGYN but she said it shouldn't be anything to worry about since I am changing up the way my body has been running for years.

Anyway, my weigh-in days are Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, so hopefully this week is a fluke (doubt it!) or at least I hope to start losing consistently again. The weird weigh-ins this week have pushed back my short-term weight goals for this year, but not by too much.

Just needed to vent...

No comments: