Home    |    About TASG    |    Before and After     |     Weekly Meals & Exercise     |    TASG Goes Hiking  

Thursday, March 12, 2009

MFD entry 48

This post was copied from an entry on My Food Diary (MFD) during my pre-blogging days. Back then, I used the forums on MFD as my daily 'blog'. Just wanted to get my entire journey in one place.
_________________________________________
March 12, 2009
When I first started MFD back in September, I also signed up for the 100 push-up challenge but stopped after about a month. I just lost the motivation to do them and wasn't held accountable by anyone...

... fast forward to today and not only am I pumped to crank them out, I have an awesome group on MFD that made it a challenge for all of us to do. So the group keeps me accountable. And because I can be quite competitive, I'll be sure to not let my team members down. We're only on week 2 but I have a really good feeling about it this time around.

The first time I did the push-up challenge, I did them on my knees and got out about 15 for my first try. This time around, I was able to do 5 on my toes! That might not sound like a big deal, but I could barely get one out back in September. Every other day, three days a week, you do a 5 sets of a certain amount of push-ups and the last set is always your max. Today is week 2 day 2 and my max is 8 push-ups (let me remind you this is my last set so previous to maxing out, I'm already doing over 20 push-ups). I think it's so amazing how my body has gotten stronger in such a little time! :) At the end of this week, and every two weeks, I'll be doing another max test to see what my real max number of consecutive push-ups are. Will report back...

Oh, the makers of the 100 push-ups challenge also has a 200 sit-ups challenge which I'm doing also and will do my initial test tomorrow to see where I start in the program. :)

No comments: