I can't believe I'll be on a plane to Vegas tomorrow! Happy dance!
I've talked about my plans to stay somewhat on-track as far as exercise and nutrition goes but here's my detailed plan:
- Get at least two full-body workouts in - Bringing my elastic bands so I can get a quick workout in before the day starts. Already looked up several circuits that will combine cardio, weight training, and plyo. My friend Boomer has a TON of awesome stuff on his blog... check it out!
- Walk, walk, walk - We won't have a car in Vegas so we're planning on walking all day every day! At least that will off-set some of the calories I plan on eating.
- Get a run in - Already google mapped the closest 24Hour Fitness and hopefully I'll be in it sometime next week. If not, we do have a run planned up and down the Strip but it's gonna be COLD!
- Rock climbing - Counting this as an upper body workout which it will be!
- Hiking - Depending on when we go rock climbing, we might also get in a hike. The rock climbing and hike are in the same area but not sure I wanna make a day of exercising. I'm on vacation after all!
- Bringing my own snacks - Raw almonds? Check! Protein powder? Check! Shakeology? Check! Hitting up the closest CVS to stock up on fresh fruits? CHECK!
- Passing on carbs - Instead of normally having starch/carbs with my meals, I'll be replacing it with fresh veggies. I'm sure I'll get enough carbs from the alcohol and desserts. :)
- Track all food/drinks - Because I'll be eating out every meal while in Vegas, there's no way I can count calories. So instead I'm gonna photograph everything I eat and have a MAJOR long recap post when I get back. Knowing that I'll have to post everything I eat will help keep me accountable... I hope.
- R.E.L.A.X - I'm on vacation, damn it! Although it's not an excuse to eat like crap, I'm not gonna be as diligent and careful as I would normally be.
And the awesome weigh-in from yesterday will be my best motivator because it's been MONTHS since I've seen the low 130's and with this plan in mind I'm confident I will come back from Vegas with little damage done. Here's to hoping!