Home    |    About TASG    |    Before and After     |     Weekly Meals & Exercise     |    TASG Goes Hiking  

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Weigh-in Wednesday and a WINNER!

Last Wed. weight: 134.6
Today's weight: 133.8

Lost: -0.8


TOTAL Lost: -42.6


I'm beaming! Why? Because I reached my goal of hitting the 133's before my Vegas trip, which means...
SHOPPING SPREE!

BUT even though I reached goal I'm not gonna let myself spend too much money (or at least not as much as I wanted too!) because this past weekend I spent about $300+ just shopping for Vegas!

New Coach bag! Boots on sale for $30! A&E skinny jeans on sale for $24!

That's right people, my first pair of skinny jeans! And I realize that "skinny" jeans really have nothing to do with your body size - you can find skinny jeans in every size from 0 - 18 - but has a little to do with your body type and proportions. Just several months ago I wasn't able to fit into any pair of skinny jeans because I have bigger hips and thighs but once I decided I was going to Vegas for sure, I worked my tail off at the gym to get my body in the right shape. Yes, I know there's no such thing as spot reduction so instead I did an overall intense lower body strength training workout at least twice a week for the last two or three months. And you know what? Lifting heavy weights does not leave you big and/or bulky.

I've always been a huge fan of lifting heavy but it's really hard to convince others, especially women, that lifting like this won't turn you into a bodybuilder. Of course if that's what you're aiming for then of course you can get a little bigger. But without the correct hormones, our female bodies just won't bulk up like guys. So don't be afraid of the weights!
_______________________________________________

And now for the moment you've been waiting for... the winner of my first blog giveaway is...


Doreen won a sampling of Progresso Soups, a 'souper' mug, and a digital jump rope courtesy of Progresso! CONGRATULATIONS DOREEN!

14 comments:

Maxine said...

CHEEEEEEERS to you! Enjoy your trip and the satisfaction of reaching your goal.

Continuous Changes said...

Congratulations on getting to your Vegas goal :) I hope you have a BLAST on vacation!

Kristina said...

Congrats on reaching your goal and have a great time on your shopping spree! YAY!

Anonymous said...

Horray!!! You reach your goal!! Congrats to you!

Katie J ♥ said...

Yay for meeting your goals AND all the fun shopping! You are a weight loss warrior girlie! Have a GREAT time in Vegas!

P.S. Thanks for your comment on my blog!

Kyle said...

Great accomplishment...and ahem...don't be shy about putting up a pic of you in them skinny jeans.

Lors said...

Have a blast in Vegas!

Jen said...

Hey Girlie!
I just wanted to let you know I wrote you back about "Insanity on carpet" on my blog! :)

Heidi said...

Yay!!! Congrats on reaching your goal! You are a rockstar. Watch out Vegas, Annie's on her way!

Boomer said...

Awesome!!! I love it when someone reaches a fitness goal like that. You are going to be smokin' in your Vegas clothes!

Meg @ Higgins Happenings said...

That is AWESOME girl! And those boots are too cute! Skinny jeans are awesome - I love mine! Keep it up and win big in Vegas

Lors said...

Hey there! Answered you questions on my blog entry :-)

Mandie said...

I'm all into heavy lifting too...that is when I actually GO to the gym. And you're so right, it doesn't make you big and bulky! How exciting that your hard work paid off and you got into a pair of SKINNY JEANS!!! You'll be HOT girlie!

Dana (www.eatsleepgetfit.com) said...

Congrats on getting to your goal! I love lifting weights!