Home    |    About TASG    |    Before and After     |     Weekly Meals & Exercise     |    TASG Goes Hiking  

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Weigh-in Wednesday and a WINNER!

Last Wed. weight: 134.6
Today's weight: 133.8

Lost: -0.8


TOTAL Lost: -42.6


I'm beaming! Why? Because I reached my goal of hitting the 133's before my Vegas trip, which means...
SHOPPING SPREE!

BUT even though I reached goal I'm not gonna let myself spend too much money (or at least not as much as I wanted too!) because this past weekend I spent about $300+ just shopping for Vegas!

New Coach bag! Boots on sale for $30! A&E skinny jeans on sale for $24!

That's right people, my first pair of skinny jeans! And I realize that "skinny" jeans really have nothing to do with your body size - you can find skinny jeans in every size from 0 - 18 - but has a little to do with your body type and proportions. Just several months ago I wasn't able to fit into any pair of skinny jeans because I have bigger hips and thighs but once I decided I was going to Vegas for sure, I worked my tail off at the gym to get my body in the right shape. Yes, I know there's no such thing as spot reduction so instead I did an overall intense lower body strength training workout at least twice a week for the last two or three months. And you know what? Lifting heavy weights does not leave you big and/or bulky.

I've always been a huge fan of lifting heavy but it's really hard to convince others, especially women, that lifting like this won't turn you into a bodybuilder. Of course if that's what you're aiming for then of course you can get a little bigger. But without the correct hormones, our female bodies just won't bulk up like guys. So don't be afraid of the weights!
_______________________________________________

And now for the moment you've been waiting for... the winner of my first blog giveaway is...


Doreen won a sampling of Progresso Soups, a 'souper' mug, and a digital jump rope courtesy of Progresso! CONGRATULATIONS DOREEN!

14 comments:

MAJL said...

CHEEEEEEERS to you! Enjoy your trip and the satisfaction of reaching your goal.

Continuous Changes said...

Congratulations on getting to your Vegas goal :) I hope you have a BLAST on vacation!

Kristina said...

Congrats on reaching your goal and have a great time on your shopping spree! YAY!

Melissa said...

Horray!!! You reach your goal!! Congrats to you!

Katie J said...

Yay for meeting your goals AND all the fun shopping! You are a weight loss warrior girlie! Have a GREAT time in Vegas!

P.S. Thanks for your comment on my blog!

Kyle Gershman said...

Great accomplishment...and ahem...don't be shy about putting up a pic of you in them skinny jeans.

Lors said...

Have a blast in Vegas!

Jen said...

Hey Girlie!
I just wanted to let you know I wrote you back about "Insanity on carpet" on my blog! :)

Heidi said...

Yay!!! Congrats on reaching your goal! You are a rockstar. Watch out Vegas, Annie's on her way!

Boomer said...

Awesome!!! I love it when someone reaches a fitness goal like that. You are going to be smokin' in your Vegas clothes!

The Manic Mommy said...

That is AWESOME girl! And those boots are too cute! Skinny jeans are awesome - I love mine! Keep it up and win big in Vegas

Lors said...

Hey there! Answered you questions on my blog entry :-)

Mandie said...

I'm all into heavy lifting too...that is when I actually GO to the gym. And you're so right, it doesn't make you big and bulky! How exciting that your hard work paid off and you got into a pair of SKINNY JEANS!!! You'll be HOT girlie!

Dana (www.eatsleepgetfit.com) said...

Congrats on getting to your goal! I love lifting weights!