NSV's are a true measure of how our bodies change and they tell us things the scale never can.
- Fitting into a Juniors size 7 dress! JUNIORS!
- Running a mile under 10 minutes.
- Craving healthier foods over junk food. I don't know when this happened, but I just realized it about a couple months ago.
- Noticing how much farther my boyfriend's arms can wrap around me.
- Having my boyfriend mistake me for a stranger because he didn't recognize me from a distance because I've lost weight (this actually happened the other week)!
- Increasing the amount of weight I lift every month... even if it's only by 2.5lbs, I'm stronger today than I was yesterday!
- Putting on a top I've only worn once because it was too tight, now be too big. A waste of money, but an awesome NSV!
- Having my personal trainer (who's fit) blown away because I can lift the same amount of weight as he can on a particular back exercise!! And yes, I said HE!
- Doing a pretty intense hike and having a complete stranger tell me what an awesome job I did. I passed her doing up the mountain and was halfway back down when I passed her again!
- On a different day on said intense hike, I caught up to and paced a bunch of military guys all the way to the top. At the top of the hike, they asked what type of exercise program I was currently doing cause they were impressed - yeah impressed that the fat girl could keep up with them!
Don't forget about your NSV's!