Home    |    About TASG    |    Before and After     |     Weekly Meals & Exercise     |    TASG Goes Hiking  

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Weigh-in Wednesday and spiral slicing

Starting weight: 176.4
Last week weight: 133.0
 
Current weight: 132.0 
Current loss: -1.0 
TOTAL LOSS: -44.4

I can't say it enough... consistency with training and nutrition pays off!  Even though this weekend consisted of sushi, dim sum, and a Chinese New Year treat, weigh-in went well today and I attribute that to consistent weight and GAR training - even though I missed one weight session this Saturday.  Here's to making this week even better!

__________________________________________________ 

This is for my friend, Kyle, who is doing a great job with his new vegan adventure. 

Joyce Chen veggie spiral slicer. 

I have had this little piece of equipment for a couple of months now - found it a discount store for under $10 - and I love it!  Although I haven't used it for anything except zucchini, it does an amazing job at creating "spaghetti strands", ribbons, and round slices.

Last night I used it to make spaghetti noodles for Gina's Crock-pot Italian Turkey Meatballs recipe:




 
And I know nothing can replace the chewy, starchy, carby goodness that is real pasta, but this is a good substitute for my non-cheat meals... even Anthony likes it and that's saying a lot.  Now to try it on a lot more veggies...

1 comment:

Kyle said...

Aww...thanks for the shout out! I've coveted the veggie slicers when I was considering a raw veggie diet, but they are looking more and more attractive regardless. I'm still hoping to buy a mond-blender, i.e. Vitamix of Blendtec soon so may put the slicer on the back burner. I'm a hopeless kitchen gadget fool!