Today is the first day of a new year and a new month. As you may or may not know, I am not a fan of New Year's resolutions - why wait till Jan. 1 to start getting healthy - but I realize there is a "New Year's" high that goes around. People get super pumped for a clean start to undo the wrongs of their past and there's nothing wrong with that. Heck, a new week, or even a new day, gets me pumped up. But as far as New Year's resolutions... they just don't work for me. I tend to make these huge goals I want to accomplish throughout the year but once I start to fall short on any of the goals, I lose all motivation and just quit everything.
So I'm just continuing on with my monthly goals. As a recap, here were my December goals:
K.I.L.L. my upper body with weights (same routine as above)CHECK!
- limit eating out to 2x/week
- I know it's not an excuse, but it's the holidays! I hardly ate in this past month.
- Started the month at 139 and the lowest I got was 135. Missed it by one pound!
- Make weekly schedules to stay on track with everything, not just fitness
- Weight train to a new program (P90X, CLX, Body for Life, Insanity, etc.) 3x/week
- Get into the 120's by my birthday (end of the month) - 1.5 lbs./week
- Continue training for the Great Aloha Run - minimum 3x/week
- Average of 1300 - 1500 calories/day
- Water intake no less than 72 oz./day