Home    |    About TASG    |    Before and After     |     Weekly Meals & Exercise     |    TASG Goes Hiking  

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year/Month = GOALS

Good-bye 2011... hello 2012!!

Today is the first day of a new year and a new month.  As you may or may not know, I am not a fan of New Year's resolutions - why wait till Jan. 1 to start getting healthy - but I realize there is a "New Year's" high that goes around.  People get super pumped for a clean start to undo the wrongs of their past and there's nothing wrong with that.  Heck, a new week, or even a new day, gets me pumped up.  But as far as New Year's resolutions... they just don't work for me.  I tend to make these huge goals I want to accomplish throughout the year but once I start to fall short on any of the goals, I lose all motivation and just quit everything.


So I'm just continuing on with my monthly goals.  As a recap, here were my December goals:
  1. K.I.L.L. my upper body with weights (same routine as above)  CHECK!
  2. limit eating out to 2x/week
    • I know it's not an excuse, but it's the holidays!  I hardly ate in this past month.
  3. reevaluate why I'm on this healthy journey  CHECK!
  4. train for the Great Aloha Run  CHECK!
  5. lose 5 pounds
    • Started the month at 139 and the lowest I got was 135.  Missed it by one pound!

And here are my new goals for January:
  1. Make weekly schedules to stay on track with everything, not just fitness
  2. Weight train to a new program (P90X, CLX, Body for Life, Insanity, etc.) 3x/week
  3. Get into the 120's by my birthday (end of the month) - 1.5 lbs./week
  4. Continue training for the Great Aloha Run - minimum 3x/week
  5. Average of 1300 - 1500 calories/day
  6. Water intake no less than 72 oz./day
Kind of going back to the basics (calorie counting, water intake monitoring) but I'm determined to hit my goal of weighing in the 120's.  My birthday is 1/29 so if I can get to at least 129 lbs... AWESOME!!!

3 comments:

Kyle said...

You'll make it happen...Happy New Year.

Unknown said...

You're awesome I know you can do it!

Annalisa@Gracie'sGarden said...

I'm going back to basics too. Yesterday I got back from our Holiday trip to Melbourne. Ready for action! I'm joining a challenge, training for 1/2 marathon, calorie counting (starting monday) capped at 1300, and getting my head in the game. So ready. I'm up to a flippin 171! Yikes! Good news is I think I'll start losing quite quickly - as you do when you gain it fast, you lose it fast... LOL here's hoping! Glad to join you again finally!