Home    |    About TASG    |    Before and After     |     Weekly Meals & Exercise     |    TASG Goes Hiking  

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Goal changes/updates


Second week into January already?!  That was fast!

And I've faltered from my goals... ALREADY.  Check it out below (click to enlarge):


Didn't meet my Great Aloha Run training or weight training goals (or my water goal for the week) but I blame it on being sick.  Remember the other week I was sick and then blogged about how happy I was when it was done... yeah, it wasn't done at all and I just got worse.

sore throat + horrible cough = lost voice + no exercise

Totally bummed to start the year like that but I did get my first 2012 workout - an upper-body weight session + a 3-mile run - done last week Wednesday.

 Sweat makes the sick germs go away.  =)

By the way, I added a 7th goal to my original 6... taking pictures of my food.  I'm documenting my eats with pictures (when I remember to) and posting them on my Weekly Meals & Exercise page.  So far it's helping a lot.  I noticed I need a lot more color in my meals and I snack too much.  At least twice a day I have an unhealthy snack... Cheetos, cookies, ice cream... so that needs to get cut down.  Even if it's only 100 calories worth of crap, it's still crap.  It's not doing my body any good so why eat it?

Yeah, as if it were that simple!

Anyway, moving on.  This past Sunday was the 4th official in-training run put on by the GAR volunteers.  I've said it a million times, but running is hard.  I never considered myself a runner.  Even when I played sports, I not only hated the 1 or 2 mile warm-ups we would do before practice or a game, but I H.A.T.E.D them!

But the hardest part of in-training runs: waking up at 5:15am on a Sunday morning.  I keep going because I know if I miss one training... I can kiss the rest good bye.  The training is broken up into groups:
  •  jogger group - run the entire time
  • 10 min/mile jog, 2 min walk group (I'm in this group)
  • 5 min jog, 2 min walk group
  • 2 min jog, 5 min walk group
  • 1 min job, 5 min walk group
  • walker group
We did a 5-miler and by the end of the 5 miles, our "10 min/mile jog, 2 min walk" group of 15 was down to 4.  I considered it a HUGE victory (and NSV) when I finished with the other three people.  =)

GAR is in about a month so hope my knee can stay pain-free and I hope to crush my 2008 GAR time of 1 hour and 45 mins.

1 comment:

Kyle said...

Congrats on your NSV! And you finished...that is awesome. One day, for the both of us, running will be as enjoyable as watching tv or something...that is my hope!