Home    |    About TASG    |    Before and After     |     Weekly Meals & Exercise     |    TASG Goes Hiking  

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Summer Challenge Goals

 JOIN me!!! 
Sign up here.

The "Ready For Summer Challenge" - or RFSC - starts this Monday, the 26th, so it's time I thought about my goals for the next 10 weeks.  The challenge ends on June 3, exactly a week before my two-week long vacation to Oregon/Nevada/Cali!!  Perfect time?  I think so!

Getting back to the goals.  There are four categories to pick from:
  1. Weight loss
  2. NSV (Non-Scale Victory)
  3. Exercise
  4. Nutrition
You can choose a goal from one area or from all four.  I'm going with 3/4 areas: NSV, Exercise and Nutrition.

Why not weight-loss when I'm a weight-loss blogger?  I'm within 10 lbs. of my goal weight and I'm at a point in my journey where fitness and nutrition take priority over what the scale says.  I want all my focus to be on these two areas, plus NSV's to let me know I'm still on the right track, even if the scale says otherwise.

NSV Goal
  • Success story.  The other week I was talking to Anthony and told him that one of my NSV goals is to be featured on the "Wall of Success" at our gym.  The catch is I don't wanna ask to be a feature, I wanna be asked... big difference.
  • Donation time!  This weekend, I'm spending the time to try on ALL my clothes and sort them into piles of too big, too small, and just right.  By the end of the RFSC, I want to fit into the "too small" pile and have to donate the other piles of clothes.
Exercise Goal
  • Keep on going.  Continue my current 12-week exercise program, which will take me into the middle of May.
  • Something new.  Based on where I am at the end of my current program, research and choose my next routine.
Nutrition Goal
  • Clean, clean, clean!  My #1 priority for the next 10 weeks is to really focus on and dial in my nutrition.  Clean, whole foods to support my body and intense workouts.
  • Increase healthy fats.  Definitely need to add more "smart fats" to my diet: salmon, avocado, nuts, olive oil, flaxseeds, coconut oil, etc.
  • New eats = happy tummy.  Making it a goal to try one new recipe a week.  Nutrition can get pretty boring if you eat the same things over and over, so finding 10 new (hopefully yummy) recipes to add to my rotation will do me good.
____________________________________________________________

Speaking of goals, here's an update to my March goals.  Planning on making the last week and a half the best one yet!


17 comments:

El said...

love the goals!! especially being a *success story* that would be awesome!

Rebecca said...

Hey Girl! I love your goals and your success and your island! I was on Oahu back in Dec of 2008 and climbed up a few of those steps up the Koko Crater...next time I visit I want to find you and do them with you ;) Goodluck on the challenge!

Denise said...

Congrats on being so close to your goal weight. You have some great goals for the challenge. Thanks for stopping by my page. See you in the challenge.

The Kaizen Project said...

Great goals and welcome to the challenge! It's great to have you aboard. Good luck!

Maren said...

I absolutely love your goals, and I love that you left out weight loss. You really have the right focus! :D

Kristy said...

I'm also doing the challenge. Looking forward to following you as you meet all of your goals.

Anonymous said...

Fantastic goals! You will rock it!!

Unknown said...

Annie, those are some awesome goals! Congratulations on being so very close to reaching your weight goal! I love your goals, and calendars. So glad you're joining the challenge.

Love your blog!

Jamie said...

I love your goals! Cant wait to follow along with you on this challenge!

Sharon said...

Hi Annie, I'm Sharon! Got to your blog from Becca's and can't believe I haven't found you before. Have read some of your first posts and your most recent ones and will enjoy getting caught up with your complete story. Your recipes look fun and the hike journal confirmed you were someone I wanted to get to know better! You look amazing!

Nicole said...

Hi this is Kody from SkinnySized.com I am excited to be joining you on the Ready for Summer Challenge the next 10 weeks. I am a new follower of your blog! If you have a chance stop by for a visit some time!!

Unknown said...

So glad I found your blog through the challenge! You inspire me! Looking forward to doing this challenge with you! Love you goals!! Love that you aren't focusing on weight loss. Health is what matters. :) You got this!!!

Joy said...

Just found your blog!! Good luck with your Summer Challenge. You will do great!

Keep focused!

Jenn said...

Hi! We sounds like we are very similar as far as goal weight and goals in general! Looking forward to reading your blog and sharing in this challenge with you!

Weight Wars said...

The Success Story one is a great great goal. That's awesome. Looking forward to hearing you up there.

Alana Jo said...

Fantastic goals! I hope to be a success story some day too! Good luck!

Alana Jo @
http://notsobigjo.blogspot.com/

Michele said...

Hey there! Great goals. Thanks for stopping by my blog, too. Looking forward to this challenge and getting to know new bloggers. Have a great week!