Home    |    About TASG    |    Before and After     |     Weekly Meals & Exercise     |    TASG Goes Hiking  

Thursday, February 12, 2009

MFD entry 36

This post was copied from an entry on My Food Diary (MFD) during my pre-blogging days. Back then, I used the forums on MFD as my daily 'blog'. Just wanted to get my entire journey in one place.
_________________________________________
February 12, 2009
Today I feel great! :)

Yesterday was probably one of my biggest cheat days ever... over by about 200 calories to maintain my current weight. Not too bad when you read it, but for me, that's pretty bad. I normally eat within 100 calories of my max-to-lose calories. I ate good up until dinner time... my boyfriend and I cooked up a really nice ginger salmon filet and while it was baking we were watching the Food Network. It was a show all about pizza. In the middle of the show, we both looked at each other and without saying anything, I got up to grab the number of the local pizza shop and my boyfriend got up to grab the phone. It was so funny! Anyway, we ordered pizza (all while our nice, healthy dinner was cooking) and we decided to save the salmon for another day. We finished up cooking the fish then put it in the refrigerator just as the pizza was being delivered.

So why do I feel so great?! Since being on MFD, I've almost never had a cheat day. Sure there have been days that I've eaten a lot, but it's always been good "stuff" and I always make sure I've done enough exercise to make up for the extra calories. That's why being only 200 calories over my maintenance is a big deal. Last night was my off day from exercise so that didn't help anything but it felt so nice to relax and not even think about exercise. As far as the eating, I had three slices of chicken/spinach/tomato pizza and about a cup of ice cream after dinner.

I feel awesome because I'm not regretting eating anything last night and I know if I ever have days like last night again, I'll be okay. I'm not beating myself up about it and I know I won't fall back into eating like that so there's nothing to worry about.

It was a nice treat, but my body didn't like it because my stomach has been sore all morning. I think this is a great sign... maybe my body is becoming used to eating mostly whole, healthy foods and so it gets mad when I throw in some greasy, oily, sugar-laden, saturated fatty food. The sore stomach alone will definitely keep me to my good foods.

No comments: