Home    |    About TASG    |    Before and After     |     Weekly Meals & Exercise     |    TASG Goes Hiking  

Monday, February 16, 2009

MFD entry 38

This post was copied from an entry on My Food Diary (MFD) during my pre-blogging days. Back then, I used the forums on MFD as my daily 'blog'. Just wanted to get my entire journey in one place.
_________________________________________
February 16, 2009
So the Great Aloha Run is ran and done!

I got up at 4:00 am this morning to be sure to get parking, then caught the shuttles down to the start of the race. The buses dropped us off about 1 mile away from the start, so the mile walk was a good warm up. But then we ended up waiting around for about an hour and a half for th start of the race at 7:00.

Well I finished the 13K in one hour and 45 minutes... which equals out to 13 minute miles! :) My boyfriend and I ran the first 5 miles or so ALL THE WAY, but by mile 6 we need to start taking some breaks. We estimated that we only walked for about a mile total, so running 7 miles is a big accomplishment for me. And I was on the local news this evening!!

My knees are so tight right now, but nothing is hurting. And I have blisters on the bottom of my feet, so I'm staying home from work tomorrow and making it a nice 4-day weekend.

When I get some pictures, I'll be sure to post them.

No comments: