Home    |    About TASG    |    Before and After     |     Weekly Meals & Exercise     |    TASG Goes Hiking  

Thursday, October 1, 2009

Day 9/30: Step-mill Challenge

Bring it on, Josh!

The other day my blogger friend Josh proposed a step-mill challenge for himself... "Climb the equivalent of the tallest staircase in the world (2,579 steps) in one session. This equates to 171 flights of stairs on the StepMill"...

That's a lot of steps!!

Well Josh did it over this weekend and killed it! He did 2700+ stairs which is equivalent to walking over 3 miles of straight STAIRS!! Awesome job, my friend! So awesome, in fact, I told him I'm gonna do it too... and I did tonight at the gym. Results:

Minutes: 50 min
Steps: ?? (not sure how many stairs = a floor)
Floors: 302
Miles: 4.2

Thanks for the motivation to get me moving on a machine I don't like! Variety is the spice of life and this was something different for my body. Yay!

7 comments:

Annalisa@Gracie'sGarden said...

That's pretty incredible! Judith and I have been determined to do stairs once a week, but only done em twice. Starting again in Term 4, next week. I did 107 stairs eight times, and it KILLED ME! Just guessing about 15 stairs per floor that's 56 floors - you did 302 floors Annie!?!!! REALLY! WOW! I'm impressed. Maybe that's way off, but you must know what an accomplishment you did. Great job! Keep it up :)

Maxine said...

I'm going to do it tomorrow!

Jen said...

That makes me hurt just thinking about it! Good for you!! I hope your legs aren't jello today! You are the bomb-diggity!

Unknown said...

Dang girl! My quads and glutes shuddered at the thought. What speed setting were you on most of the time?

Beth @ Kitchen Minions said...

Wow! That's an amazing feat! Way to go!

InWeighOverMyHead said...

Yikes Annie! the thought of doing that makes me shutter. lol

- Lisa
http://inweighovermyhead.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

I am DYING to try one of those things ! Good for you !