Home    |    About TASG    |    Before and After     |     Weekly Meals & Exercise     |    TASG Goes Hiking  

Thursday, December 3, 2009

'D' is for Dijon



... as in dijon crusted halibut!

WARNING: Check out my mini-review before you attempt this recipe! Let's just say not one of my proudest meals.
(1 serving = 1/3 recipe)

Ingredients:
  • 1 lbs. halibut
  • 0.25c lemon juice
  • 3 tbs. dijon mustard
  • 2 tbs. olive oil
  • 0.25c fresh parsley, chopped fine
1.) Mix together lemon juice, mustard, olive oil, and parsley.

2.) Pour mixture over halibut fillets in a baking dish - I only have cake pans!

3.) Bake at 375 degrees for 20 - 30 minutes or until flesh flakes with a fork.
ENJOY
(or try to)!

Mini-Review
So dijon is not favorite thing to eat. AT ALL! I absolutely hated this recipe because of the dijon flavor. If you like dijon mustard, then this recipe should be a winner! Couldn't really taste the lemon or parsley and I bet the fish would have tasted exactly the same if we just baked the fish, plain, then slathered it with dijon mustard. EWWWW!!! Anthony and I had to scrape off as much of the sauce as possible then drown the fish in hot sauce to eat it. The only good thing about the recipe: it was F.A.S.T and E.A.S.Y! But it really doesn't matter when it comes out this bad!

4 comments:

Boomer said...

I am not a big fan of dijon either, however, the dish looks great. What do you think would be a suitable substitute for the dijon?

Annie, The Amazing Shrinking Girl said...

@Boomer - A substitute for the dijon? Well if I wasn't healthy: panko, butter, a little parmesan and crushed mac nuts, pan seared!!! But since health is important: curry powder with a little cayenne mixed in!

Tony said...

Looks pretty damn yummy to me.

Boomer said...

Annie... I was also thinking about an egg white wash from egg beaters and then sprinkle with crushed nuts. Holy cow... I just made myself hungry!