Home    |    About TASG    |    Before and After     |     Weekly Meals & Exercise     |    TASG Goes Hiking  

Thursday, March 11, 2010

The secret to $1,000,000.00

If there was a book - instruction manual, if you will - that could guarantee you'd make $1,000,000.00 by end of a year, would you do it?

I'm talking straight, legitimate, legal, no strings attached, no money-down-way to make a million bucks... would you do it?

Imagine being given an instruction manual that had the answers, the research, and the thousands of satisfied customers as proof that it works. Would you do it?

All you had to do was follow that manual.

Now imagine an instruction manual that guaranteed you a better body and better health. Imagine that someone else did the years of scientific research to find the optimum nutrition and most beneficial exercises for your body. Imagine that this manual told you exactly what to do day by day to get the results you want. Day by day! Would you do it?

Again... all you had to do was follow that manual?

Well let me tell you this super-fantastic manual does exist - the great body and better health one, not the $1,000,000.00 one, sorry! Our local bookstores are loaded with tons of books on fitness and nutrition and I understand there are TONS and T.O.N.S. of diet books out there but I'm talking about the sound, can-do-it-for-life type of diet books - no quick fix will ever keep the weight off!


Don't worry, I'm not doing a shameless diet book review or anything, but it just hit me that diet books are instruction manuals to a better body and better health. Normally I don't read diet books, instead I read a ton of nutrition books as well as lots of fitness books and magazines, but how cool is that? Most diet or fitness books map out a plan to get you to better health... maybe not to your goal weight or fitness level but it gets you closer to it... guaranteed! They normally give you a day-by-day nutrition and exercise plan and all you have to do is...
follow it!
And by follow it, I mean stick to the nutrition plan laid out and
work hard at the exercises(as the manual would say) not just go through the motions.


So if you're kinda in a rut like me, just pick up something, anything, and just get moving and eating right again. Again, please stick to an "instruction manual" that isn't too extreme in the diet area... you want to be able to incorporate some, if not all, the things you learned into your lifestyle and make it last forever.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

The P90X program fit the bill, follow the nutrition guide and fitness guide and you are well on your way!

Annie, The Amazing Shrinking Girl said...

OMG! I can't believe I didn't even bother to mention Beachbody products, but Jeff is right! P90X works too!

PhluffyPrincess said...

Eventually I want to get to the point of P90x - but this post is exactly what I am doing with The Fat Smash diet. Instead of returning to WW, I paid less than the weekly fee at WW for this book and the pounds are coming off!!!

Unknown said...

that is one of the ways I had such a successful weight loss journey when I started this three and a half years ago... I ready anything and everything I could to learn what works, what doesn't, what's healthy, what's not... It give me a large variety of meals, snacks, workouts to try so I don't feel like I'm getting bored with it. I agree wholeheartedly, read, read, read. It really will MOTIVATE you!

Tony said...

All of them work. It's finding the right one that is the hard part.

Heidi said...

Now I'm totally curious, did you pick up a new book? Which one?????

Boomer said...

Yes, there is a lot of information on eating healthy and fat loss. However, it seems the limiting factor is staying focused and getting it done.

Chris said...

I think the key if find what works right for you. I must admit I've picked up things from all kinds of different sources since starting my fitness journey. I have to say though most of what I follow for exercise and nutrition has come from the P90 series (P90, P90M, P90X) / beachbody.

Seth said...

p90x will be coming soon for me.

good work!