Home    |    About TASG    |    Before and After     |     Weekly Meals & Exercise     |    TASG Goes Hiking  

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Starting all over again

I've been in a total funk lately and I blame Vegas... well not really. I totally blame myself BUT it all started in Vegas, with all the...

FOOD

DRINKS

GAMBLING and NO SLEEP

LOTS OF WALKING EVERY WHERE TO COMBAT THE EXTRA CALORIES

Well I somehow brought back the eating habits minus the lots-of-walking-around habit which equals FAT gain. That's right! I'm not just talking weight gain, I mean straight up, lost-some-muscle-and-gained-some-fat gain.

Since being home the last two weeks there has been a lot of this...

this...

and this...

And definitely not enough of this...

this...

and this...
That's Poki in her favorite bed w/ her favorite
blankie and her favorite toy.

I haven't cooked one homemade meal since Vegas and I've been eating out everyday, sometimes twice a day! And when I say eating out, I mean eating out with no regard to my health or calorie amounts. Yeah, I had a slight ordeal that blind-sided me a little and will keep me off strenuous exercise for about a week, but that's no excuse - BTW I'm virtually pain-free and almost off the antibiotics... yay!

In one of my first posts back from Vegas I mentioned I was gonna try something new: new exercise, new nutrition, new macros. Just something! Well I decided I can't abandon what's worked for me in the past so I'll continue to count calories, wear my Bodybugg and get in more exercise. But since I've lost all will-power and self-control, I need to resort to something some of you may not agree with and something even I had to think long and hard about: prepackaged frozen meals.

I know these aren't the best things in the world (sodium, preservatives, chemicals, blah, blah, blah) but my goal right now is to get back to being consistent with how much I eat. My plan is to eat two a day with a serving of veggies for lunch and dinner, plus a piece of fruit/veggie/protein twice a day as snacks, and eat a sensible breakfast - most likely Shakeology or my trusty oatmeal mixes. Still going to keep my macro nutrients in check but try to maintain it around 45% carbs, 25% fat and 30% protein.

As for exercise I was really itching to start another round of P90X but because getting back to being consistent is my goal, I'm shooting for any type of exercise (cardio and strength) 6x/week.

Basically I'm starting all over and going back to basics. Hope this will get me motivated again.
____________________________________________

In other news, thank you to Leila and Salina for my two most recent blog awards!

14 comments:

Vagabonds Mercantile said...

You've gotta do what ya gotta do and it is for no person to judge.

I don't anything is wrong with Amy's. Eat em up , there good. :)

Beth @ Kitchen Minions said...

I just got a bodybugg yesterday! I'm so excited to see how it goes. Good luck with the getting back to the basics. (and packaged food sooo much better than restaurant food, at least for me) We all have to do what works. Good luck!

Kyle said...

You'll get no arguement from me on packaged foods. I eat them too, and not just the "healthy" stuff...anything that I can count and log. I try and keep them to a minimum, but darn it sometimes it is just easier. They are called convenience foods for a reason.

There is more time to be totally clean and body as my temple, yada yada yada.

I totally understand the vacation/post-vacation set-backs...you'll recover quickly.

Susan @ All Things In Moderation said...

Getting back on track is NOT easy !I can so relate to that one! After Christmas it took me what seemed like FOREVER to get myself back into a normal routine. But it comes, and I sure you will get there!

Good luck! I know you can do it!

Anne H said...

What happened in Vegas didn't actually stay all there...

PhluffyPrincess said...

hey whatever works to keep you on track! that's why those things exist, for convenience. stay positive!

Heidi said...

I hear ya. It's a cycle. Sometimes it's tough to keep on track. Commend yourself for getting back on track, resetting your priorities and expectations!! It's not easy, keep at it.

I eat frozen dishes at least 2x/week. It's tough trying to eat fresh, nutritious foods. We all have schedules to attend to, be proud that you're focusing on your calorie intake through those entrees rather than hitting the drive thrus!!

Glad you're feeling better and back to blogging!

Tiffany B. said...

You are awesome! I love that you still post even when things aren't going so hot. You'll get your momentum back soon, I know it! I'm thinking of buying ChaLean Extreme this next week.

Unknown said...

First your dog is SOOO cute.
Second, whatever, you had some lows. Dont beat yourself up! You can do it. You are an inspiration to us all!!

http://justanotherstupidweightlossblog.blogspot.com/

Maxine said...

Do what feels right Annie. I am just back from my vacation and will be struggling to get back on track too. I have eaten ham, chorizo, pastries, and other delights in addition to over-drinking for a week.

Salina Lyn said...

OMG Poki is freaking adorable. :)

No need to worry about how you're getting back on track. Just be proud of yourself for doing it. Starting is always the hardest part. You've got that down so the rest is simple from here.

Chris said...

Hey Annie,

We can only go forward, the past can't be changed. The important thing is recognizing what has happened, learn from it and move on. You're taking the right approach of getting back to good habits a bit at a time and not going cold turkey. That's what I've been doing and it has been working. Seems we're at the same cross roads. :)

Anonymous said...

I say if the frozen meals work for you than go for it! If it helps you get back on track then do it. Sometimes we jsut don't have time to cook and these are better than going to the drive thru. I know you will get back on track because you already got a plan that you're implementing. You can do it girl!

rachel said...

You totally will get back on track. thanks for sharing and being honest once again while in the midst of the journey