Home    |    About TASG    |    Before and After     |     Weekly Meals & Exercise     |    TASG Goes Hiking  

Thursday, March 18, 2010

You made me cry!

Blogger world, YOU are awesome!

After yesterdays revealing picture post, I never, NEVER, N.E.V.E.R. expected the comments many of you wrote.
I didn't want compliments.
I didn't want to be told I've come so far.
I didn't want you to be nice.

But you were and your words touched my heart in every sense... I actually teared up reading over the comments. SERIOUSLY!

You have made me realize that I have come a long way and that I should be proud of myself. It's so easy for me to forget that even though I'm struggling now, I'm struggling at a place (weight) where I haven't been in almost 10 years! Thank you for reminding me of that.
_______________________________________

Today, I look at the picture and see a totally different image than when I first posted it a couple days ago. Although it's lost a little bit of it's motivational strategy the picture is still an honest reflection of my body and I feel there's still a lot of work to be done.

Speaking of work to be done, yesterday I completed day 3/84 of my new routine and it was a lower body lifting day. I don't know if it's because of the new lifting sequence or because I've been out of my regular weight routine for so long, but I am SORE today! It's really hard for me to get a good pump in my glutes and hammies, but trust me, today I can barley stand from a sitting position... I love it! Entire upper body is still sore from Monday's workout too. Loves it even more!

So a couple of people emailed me to ask what routine I was doing... was I following a workout program or just doing it on my own? Well to answer their question, I'm doing the Body for Life (BFL) program.


I never really mentioned it before however I did hint about a new book I picked up here. After talking to a friend about it I decided it was something I knew I wanted to do. Don't get me wrong, P90X is still my fave (I'm a little biased since it was the program I lost majority of my weight on) but I really liked the workout routines in BFL. Basically you workout 6x/week switching between weights and cardio.

Two Week Schedule
(odd # week = blue, even # week = red, both weeks = black)

M: upper body/lower body
T: cardio
W: lower body/upper body
Th: cardio
F: upper body/lower body
S: cardio
Su: OFF

A little more details on the routine can be read in my previous post here, but basically it's a routine with 5 or 6 exercises. Each exercise targets a major muscle group and with each set you increase the weight but decrease the rep number. It gives your muscles a super good burn!

Nutrition wise, I found the BFL program easy to follow. No counting calories needed - I'm still wearing my Bodybugg and logging food but only estimates. BFL is more about portions: one portion of complex carbs and one portion of protein at every meal... that's 5 to 6 meals a day btw. Since I'm already on a 5 to 6 meals a day plan, this wasn't hard to adapt to. And of course lots and lots of veggies!

The book does push the use of their company's suplements (EAS) but I don't use any of it since I have my own favorites. Plus I like to get most of my nutrtion through veggies and lean proteins rather than a bottled shake. But that's just me.


7 comments:

Annalisa@Gracie'sGarden said...

Annie, I am so proud of you! It seems you haven't lost your momentum at all! What an amazing photo. My new goal isn't a number on the scale... it's "Look Like Annie" ;-)

Love you babe.

PS some advice for a new gym member would be great! I've been going for a few weeks on and off, back to blogging for motivation.

Boomer said...

I think its natural to be more critical of yourself than others. Seriously, though, you are at a point that many others wish they were at. You can see muscle definition which means that your weight loss seems slow because you are replacing fat with muscle. I think it is time to begin using the body fat measurements.

Btw, I am looking forward to following your BFL workouts.

Anonymous said...

YOu give such good detailed information. You explain products perfectly. You Rock!

♥ Drazil ♥ said...

I did BFL for a full 10 weeks without missing one day. I really liked the plan and got to my lowest weight ever on it! Keep it up!

Beth @ Kitchen Minions said...

I'm so glad that you are looking at the picture in a new light! I've heard great things about BFL, glad you are liking it!

CJ said...

Seems like a good plan! Worth trying out. Thanks for posting about it.

Dayne Gingrich said...

Wow.. just saw that pic.

LOOK AT THOSE MUSCLES!!!!!!

Rip it up, Annie.

You're a true inspiration... and I use you all the time with my students. We pull up your site regularly during sessions.

Dayne