Home    |    About TASG    |    Before and After     |     Weekly Meals & Exercise     |    TASG Goes Hiking  

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

4.2%. That's all it takes

4.2%... isn't that a really good number any way you look at it?

People would kill for a 4.2% interest rate on a loan.
To be in the top 5% of your class is awesome, so being in the top 4.2% is even more awesome right?

You know what else is awesome? What if I told you that you could change your life and body with only giving 4.2% of your time? SOUNDS GOOD right?! Well that's all you need to give... 4.2% of your time! There are 24 hours in the day and exercise only requires at most 1 hour - or 4.2%.

When I thought about that percentage, it sounded so silly to NOT exercise every day... hell, eating takes up more time than that... so what's been my excuse these past several weeks? The truth is I just didn't want to exercise, it's not cause I couldn't or I didn't have time...

I

just

didn't

WANT

to!

L.A.M.E!

(source)

I wake up every morning and do things I don't want to: fight traffic, go to work, pretend to do work, actually do my work, etc. But I still do these things! Why can't I have that same consistency when it comes to my health? Well no more! I'm tired of feeling guilty, blaming myself, and then bitching about it.

So you know what I did yesterday? I exercised! That's right, I turned on the tv, jumped on my elliptical and did a solid hour of interval training with two-minute jump roping during commercials. It felt so good to get the heart pumping and sweat flowing... gotta remember this the next time I don't wanna do it!

Hope today's just as successful!

10 comments:

Kyle said...

Awesome perspective! That is what got my butt out on the road for C25K W8D1. I didn't go during lunch, but that didn't mean I need to waste the sunset in the evening.

Yay Annie!

Maxine said...

Yup, and if you do 30 minutes it is 2% of your day :) Such a small thing eh? I told my class this the other day and while some were inspired, some complained.

Lori Allberry said...

Wow Annie - that is all I can say - WOW!

What an awesome perspective and post!! =)

Thank You!

Amanda said...

Man.... you seriously put things in perspective for me with that one! Only 4.2% - I will remember that tonight when i'm doing Kenpo!

Anne H said...

Good way to look at it...even 1 % would pay off in time!
At work, if I walk in place for 2 minutes every hour, I get an extra 24+ minutes of activity that I wouldn't have gotten.
If I walk in place 5 minutes an hour, that is 5 x 12 = one full hour of moving around instead of sitting there in a chair!
Good post!

PhluffyPrincess said...

awesome post, really puts it into perspective.

Boomer said...

I love it! 4.2%... I never thought of it that way. Thanks for that. Its a real motivator.

Jenification said...

This was so helpful...4.2% eh? I had to laugh out loud when you mentioned that you do things you don't want to do and one of them is pretending to work. This sounded all too familiar! Thanks for the smile!

Chris said...

WAY TO GO ANNIE!!!!! YOU'RE ON THE PATH AGAIN WOO HOO!!!!!

Great perspective on the 4.2% and you know it is the same here I didn't want to exercise and how easily we forget how great we feel when we've done it! People are weird units aren't they? :)

Heidi said...

4.2...that's not even a full 5%

I love this post!

Nice job with the interval training, nothing like a good workout to kickstart your journey!