Home    |    About TASG    |    Before and After     |     Weekly Meals & Exercise     |    TASG Goes Hiking  

Thursday, May 14, 2009

P90X Day 29/90: START OF PHASE 2! diet: y

Awww... Chest, Tris, and Shoulders! THIS has got to be one of my faves! I love working my shoulders and arms (missed out on the biceps today) so I knew I would like this one! I struggled with some of the exercises like the overhead tricep extensions, but I always have because my right elbow gets sore when I do it. Most times I would substitute any overhead tricep work with your standard tri push-ups, chair dips, or bent-over tri extensions, but I really liked all the different angles Tony introduces. So I stuck it out. My elbow gets sore while doing the exercise, but never after so I'm afraid it has something to do with my form. But watching myself in the mirror doesn't help because it looks correct. I think it's time to take up this personal trainer who keeps bugging me to come in for a free session. Might be useful!

And I've decided to channel ChaLean Extreme for this Phase 2 of P90X. Like the second month of CLX, I'm upping the weights and lowering the reps, maxing out at 8 - 10 reps. I really liked the results I got with CLX during the Push phase (second month) so thought I would incorporate that into my P90X routine too. I will keep Phase 1 and Phase 3 of P90X at 12 - 15 reps, but Phase 2 I'm bringing it HEAVY!

I also took my 30-day stats and picts and will have those up by this weekend - the stats that is, not the pictures. I'm not too comfortable showing the "before" bikini shots until I have a decent after. But check back for my stats!

5 comments:

Maxine said...

Hi Annie, No I haven't been to Hawaii since January 2008 but we almost have enough points to go back so we're hoping that it'll be in 2010 for sure.

I enjoy reading your posts because of how you adapt the workouts to what interests you and as to not plateau.

Keep it up!

Anonymous said...

Hey Annie,
I'm doing chest, shoulders & triceps this morning. It's one of those exercises that I both love and hate - cause I still find push-ups difficult! You may just need support on that elbow, could be just a weak joint that will improve over time. Personal trainer may help but you might want to consult a doc as well, may just need to slip on an elbow support. I'm starting Week 12 today so just 2 weeks left now till I'm a P90X grad!

I hear ya about the pics, I absolutely hated posting them in the beginning till I had some noticeable results shots. You're doing great though - keep it up!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe it has been a month already! You get me so excited for the next phase!

Anonymous said...

Oh that last comment was from Jay :) I really need to get a user name on here!

Deuce said...

Annie, I just discovered your blog. You are making outstanding progress. Certainly you are gaining lean body mass while you are loosing weight, so you fat loss is greater than your numbers show. You look great!