Home    |    About TASG    |    Before and After     |     Weekly Meals & Exercise     |    TASG Goes Hiking  

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Shakeology recipe and mini-review; 2-Day Fast Formula

Shakeology and Mini Review

- 3/4 scoop chocolate
- 1/4 scoop greenberry
- 1/2 cup soy milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup frozen, fresh strawberries
- 1 tbs. ground flax seeds

Loves it but think I'll add in an extra 1/4 cup of the strawberries or other mixed berries, bringing it up to 3/4 cup strawberries, just so the berry taste is a little stronger. I think frozen cherries would be awesome too!

Okay, so the other day I missed my Shakeology drink because I was in a rush and had to leave the house (YES, I was in such a rush I didn't even have 2 extra minutes to make my shake). Anyway, I kid you not, but I could feel a big difference in my energy level. Now before I go on, let me say that drinking a shake does not "put you on edge" like energy drinks. No jittery, heart-racing effects, but I just feel more awake then normal, like I got a REALLY good night's sleep. Well anyway, I've been drinking one shake daily for the past 12 days and missing it just this once put me in slump for the first half of the morning until I could get some whole, clean food into me at lunch time. I guess it's a good time to mention my routine. I make my Shakeology and have it as my breakfast every morning. Since starting to drink the shakes, I have cut out my daily multivitamin/mineral because I track my nutrients daily in a food log and by adding Shakeology, it covers a lot of what I miss out on daily. I get the rest of my requirements from fresh fruits and veggies but I do add in my multivitamin/mineral on days that I'm lacking on some of the nutrients.

Well the day I skipped my shake I didn't take my vitamin either and I just wasn't "up" like I normally am. I felt a lot more tired even though I've gotten good sleep the previous nights before then, and I noticed throughout the day my eyes were getting dry and irritated again like they used to pre-Shakeology. So far I'm still loving it and will report back on other "findings"!
_________________________________________________________________

2-Day Fast Formula

So I've had several people ask me about how the 2-Day Fast Formula went (I mentioned I was going to do it on the weekend of my recovery week), however I didn't get around to doing it. That weekend turned out to be crazy filled with outdoor (and indoor) activities with friends so thought it was best to not do the fast. My next Recovery week is the first week in June so maybe I can do it then. But with Summer coming in, not sure I want to give up a beautiful weekend again. We'll see. But for now, the 2-Day Fast will have to be postponed.

No comments: