Home    |    About TASG    |    Before and After     |     Weekly Meals & Exercise     |    TASG Goes Hiking  

Thursday, September 10, 2009

I'm Challenging YOU!

Yes, YOU reading this right now! In exactly a week, on September 17th, I will be making my one-year anniversary with this healthy lifestyle and in anticipation of it, I will be having a Non-celebration Celebration!
I will be celebrating, not myself, but all of you guys, who have been an encouragement and support system for me and anyone else who struggles with their weight or fitness. You guys make it happen and you're the inspiration to me!

On that day, instead of a usual celebration day that consists of eating out and taking it easy, I am planning to be spot-on with my diet and exercise and I want YOU to join me. For the weekend following the 17th (Sept. 18 - 20) I want all of us to be able to log a combined total of at least 365 miles of exercise! Yup, you read that right...

365 miles of exercise!

I know we can do this!

I'm throwing this challenge out to all my blog followers, Facebook friends, OFB members, GAG members, MFD members, and anyone else who you think would want to take on this challenge. If a friend works out with you, count their miles too!

So how is this going to work?

Just workout like you normally do (maybe even a bit more) and come back and log your miles for the weekend on my September 17th post. That's it! Even if you're just starting out and only walk half a mile, log it and let me know because 365 miles is a lot so every little bit counts! Doing an exercise that doesn't give you mileage? Let me know how many minutes you work out and I'll log it as 15 minutes = 1 mile.

As the time gets closer to the 17th I will be putting out reminders in my daily posts but be sure to check back on Thursday for the official start of the Non-celebration Celebration!

30 comments:

Maxine said...

Count me in, for about 15 miles! :)

Dree said...

Your non celebration celebration is a fabulous idea. Count me in! :)

Lindsay said...

What a great idea! I'm totally in! :)

Cole Walter Mellon said...

I'm gonna do a 364-mile run, so if somebody else will just do that extra mile, we got this.

Kristina said...

Im in! I can give you about 15 miles!

Annalisa@Gracie'sGarden said...

Well, I may be on a bike, which is certainly easier than running it! Either way, I'm in :) CONGRATS on your amazing shrinking body, I love your graph :) Jealous actually

Unknown said...

Ooohh...interesting...I'll try to do 15 miles. Yikes!!

Heather & Chaos said...

What a great idea! We are going camping that weekend but I'll try and get a run in so I can help add to your miles!!

sarah said...

I'll be able to help out on for Friday the 18th but then I'm off for a few days and don't plan on any exercise for my wedding anniversary. I plan to work on the 17th and 18th though so any help I can give you I'll be glad to!!

It's an awesome idea!!

Unknown said...

3 days.. I'll go with 15 miles as well. I'm walking them all too, so that'll be a fun weekend.

Missresa's said...

I just did 2 miles on the treadmill, plus another 4 miles with my P90X workout today... I'll keep posting my progress! I know you'll get to 365!!!

Tigerlilly said...

First of all, I love this challenge and you can count me in! I will post it on my blog too!

Second, I'm always up for a little competition!! I'll race you to the last 16 lbs.

Ready, Set.... GO!!!

Amazon Runner said...

Wooo-hoo, count me in. I'll come back at the end of the week and post my numbers!

Keeven said...

All right I'm in!

One Pretty Little Box said...

Thanks Annie! (Some great inspiration has come from this for GAG!)Your the best!

Anonymous said...

I'll let you know how I do! And Niki too! :)

Polly

Kate said...

I LOVE this idea - count me in for some miles! I see your weight trend is going down too - we are on a roll! I am so glad you are on my team!!!

I really appreciate your encouragement, even though you disagree with my experiment..... See I have been plateauing for months on 1200-1400 net calories - so am trying to shake it up with some very low calorie days. If it doesn't work, it doesn't - but you can look at my food diary for the past few months and see the other wasn't either! At least the scale is now moving!

Dani @ PFL said...

It's on! =)

Chupsie said...

Oh I am so going for it! even if I walk a mile a day! Im so IN!!!!

Mandie said...

What a fantastic idea! I absolutely LOVE it!!!! Definitely gonna push hard this weekend and get some miles in!!!!

- said...

This is a great idea! I'll definitely be participating!!

Motonomore said...

Awesome! I will try to do as many miles as I can.

WillsCRnewaddition said...

This is what i needed to get back on track myself. I will add some miles to this the total.

Dana (www.eatsleepgetfit.com) said...

I have 13 miles in so far!

Charmae said...

My 3 kids and I took a 2 mile walk today so that is another 8 miles you can add to the total. Great idea!

Christine Jeske said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Christine Jeske said...

I deleted my last comment because it was dislexic! It should have said:

I did 30 min indoors yesterday. So that's 2 miles you can add.

And today I did 6.8 miles with my daughter, walking outdoors.

I am planning on another major walk tomorrow!

WillsCRnewaddition said...

I walked with my son 2.4 miles.

Kate said...

I went on a MAJOR hike and would rather count my minutes 431 minutes for a total of 28 "miles" instead of the actual miles if that is ok.

I climbed Mt Wrightson, which is at 9,453 feet. It was a 10.8 mile hike, gaining 4,033 feet of elevation. The furthest I've previously hiked is 9 miles, and the most elevation gain is 3,600 feet (and that was only on a 6.5 mile hike). A little rain, but it cleared up when we got to the top - it was awesome!

That stats:
Going up: 4 hrs 45 min (285 min), 2179 cal, Max HR 156 (94%), Ave HR 135 (81%)
Going down: 2 hrs 56 min (146 min),1005 cal, Max HR 136 (88%), Ave HR 116 (70%)

P.S. There was also a race and the fastest trail runner made it to the top in 90 minutes! I am just thrilled to have made it!

Kate said...

Oh, and I exercised for 60 minutes on Saturday too!