Home    |    About TASG    |    Before and After     |     Weekly Meals & Exercise     |    TASG Goes Hiking  

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Weigh-in Wednesdays: 139.8

Last Wed. weight: 137.4
Today's weight: 139.8
Lost: +2.4

Well that's a gain if I ever saw one! But I'm not surprised or disappointed... well sorta. This past weekend I had a wedding shower (Hi Darren and Diana!) for cousins I haven't seen in a really long time. Several of my cousins have moved to the mainland in past several years, however this weekend we were ALL together again. This is the first time in a R-E-A-L-L-Y long time that we were all together so it was really good company.

At the shower there was huge amounts of good food - steak, chicken, pasta w/ pesto, tomato or cream sauce, fish, salads of all sorts, shaved ice, chocolate fountain, wedding cake, grilled veggies, chocolate candies, breads and dips - all day long so nothing to do but catch up with my cousins and eat!

And of course after the shower we all wanted to and HAD to go out so we spent a couple of hours at a local bar... bar food - fried rice, fried calamari, onion rings, garlic chicken - and beer should be off limits to someone trying to lose weight. But anyway, it really was an awesome time!

I'm back on track!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

In my opinion, sometimes a gain is worth a wonderful time with friends and family. Your gain will come off super quick once you are back on track!!

Missresa's said...

Wow! Take a look at your legs, girlie!!! I can really see your quads in this picture! You're getting so defined-I'm jealous!!!

Unknown said...

Sounds like you had fun! Don't sweat it - I bet most of that is water retention anyway. Next week you'll have a killer loss.

sarah said...

You had fun and you deserve that. Now you're back on track and going to kick some butt!!

Kate said...

I'm so happy to be on Team Vixen with you! You have a great plan of attack!

When I was young I was athletic - an avid hiker, backpacker, skier, caver - always up for an adventure. Then I got OLD and FAT. Can't help the old part, but I'm sure working on the fat part! And I'm up to 9 mile hikes now!

I agree with Sarah, let's go kick some butt!

Annalisa@Gracie'sGarden said...

Go team Vixon! :)

I have to agree with the first comment, Erin - "sometimes a gain is worth a wonderful time with friends and family". Amen.

And hey, I worked my butt off, no reunion to speak of and still, unexplainedly, gained 3 lbs this week! So at least you have an excuse :)

Here's to a week of kickin' booty!!!