Home    |    About TASG    |    Before and After     |     Weekly Meals & Exercise     |    TASG Goes Hiking  

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Weigh-in Wednesdays: 137.6 and 365-mile Challenge update

Last Wed. weight: 136.4
Today's weight: 137.6
Lost: +1.2

So still holding steady in the 130's (can't be mad at that!) but I totally realized something:

eating out = lots of sodium = major water retention = scale UP

I'm talking water retention that's higher than normal. I spoke to my PT/dietitian about it and after looking over my weekly weigh-ins with him, I have one of the hugest weight fluctuations he's ever seen. But not to worry since it is water weight... my weigh-ins are consistently moving down so that's all I can ask for.

Body measurments and body fat % will be taken this Friday. Cross your fingers!
______________________________________

365-mile Challenge Update

There has been a really good response to my Non-celebration Celebration and the 365-mile Challenge (click here to read more) and I just want to say 'thank you' to everyone who will be participating.

Again, this is a celebration for my one year anniversary (Annie-versary as some people are calling it!) of changing my life and getting healthy. Although this is only the one year mark, I know that none of this could have happened without the support and encouragement from other people in my life... people like YOU! So even though this is my celebration, I'm not celebrating myself, but all of the people who are going through what I'm going through and have been there for me during this challenging journey!

The 365-mile Challenge will start this Friday so bring your exercise faces and GET MOVING!

4 comments:

Cole Walter Mellon said...

I've really tried to chase out most of my restaurant meals. Besides the huge portions and high sodium, I find myself doing poorly despite making reasonably informed choices. I just hate that lack of control when it comes to what I'm eating.

Heather & Chaos said...

Sorry about the upward movement of scale. At least you know what the reason is and you can and will correct it.

Annie-versary! I LOVE IT!! How cute! I'm going to try and get some mileage in to help! WOO HOO!!

Beth @ Kitchen Minions said...

I ate out for an entire week and boy did I see it when we first got home. but a few days of clean eating and I've seen a loss. yay! Hope your scale goes down quickly!

Mandie said...

Eating out is the devil :) hehehe! It always wrecks havoc on my weightloss. Crossing my fingers for your body fat %! I bet you are excited!!! Looking forward to the challenge this weekend, it's TOTALLY going to help me stay on track... :) Oh, and Congrat's on your 1 year...believe me, that's AWESOME!!!!!!!!