Home    |    About TASG    |    Before and After     |     Weekly Meals & Exercise     |    TASG Goes Hiking  

Friday, December 16, 2011

Reason 16: To be comfortable in my own skin

(The list of "31 Days of Reasons" is not in any particular order)

I'm half-way through my "31 Days of Reasons" already!! That was fast!

Anyway, back to the topic...

My 16th reason for being on this journey to lose weight and get fit is so I can be comfortable in my own skin.  Being comfortable and self-confident about how I feel and look has always been a problem for me.  Even when I was in high school and at my smallest, I was still the "chubby one" out of all my friends.  I weighed 115 then!  Feeling big at 115 lbs?  Yup, REALLY!!

Circa 2001 - 115 lbs.

I know it's more than "just being skinny" and I'm more confident about who I am and what I can do today then I've ever been in my life, but I still have work to do.  This reason is not about looking good in a certain size, it has to do with improving how I view myself - physically and mentally.

I'm on this healthy journey to be comfortable being me, at a size 10 or a size 2.

1 comment:

Kyle said...

Amen sister...getting healthy is the ultimate in me-time...all for ourselves.