Home    |    About TASG    |    Before and After     |     Weekly Meals & Exercise     |    TASG Goes Hiking  

Monday, December 12, 2011

Reason 12: So what I do becomes a habit

(The list of "31 Days of Reasons" is not in any particular order)

We've all heard the different names people call this journey - lifestyle change, diet, getting healthy, etc. - but whatever you call it, this journey has to be a permanent change.  Anyone can lose weight by doing things differently but keeping that weight off is the key and often times is the hardest part.

When I first started to lose weight back in 2008, I did things s-l-o-w-l-y.  I would change one bad habit of mine and wouldn't move on to the next one until that bad habit turned into a good one.  The very first thing I changed was my water intake.  I upped my intake to meet or exceed the recommended 64 oz. and once I did that on a daily basis without even thinking about it, I moved on to reducing my sodium, then cutting my calories, then upping my exercise, etc.


Yes, this has taken much longer than what most people would like to do (cause it can take anywhere from days to months to change a habit) but this is what worked for me.

Even today, three years since I began, there are still areas that need work... heck, even the areas that I have changed need to be worked on.  I want my current ways of being healthy to be second nature, from intuitive eating to getting my workouts done.  It shouldn't be a battle with myself about the right choices I should make, but it is... everyday it is.

I'm on this healthy journey so my healthy ways become a part of my everyday life.

No comments: