Home    |    About TASG    |    Before and After     |     Weekly Meals & Exercise     |    TASG Goes Hiking  

Saturday, December 3, 2011

Reason 3: Learn to achieve goals

(The list of "31 Days of Reasons" is not in any particular order)

I know I'm not the only one to admit this but I hardly set goals in my life.  Sure, I have things to accomplish in my daily routine, but getting specific, setting an attainable goal and accomplishing it hardly happens.

Goals have been happening a lot more since I've been losing weight but those goals always get pushed back or adjusted because I don't achieve them in the time frame I set.  And I know that's okay but rather than change the goal, I need to be the one to change. 

I need to get it in my head that even though there aren't consequences to pushing my goals back, there's no reason to do that.  The goals I set are realistic and completely doable in the time frame I give myself, but an extra 500 calories here, another missed workout there, and BOOM... it's in my head that they are now impossible.

 I need to start doing some math: impossible - im = possible

Once I fail a little bit, I mentally give up and instead of trying to work harder in my next workout for the one I missed, I'll go the easy route and just push my goal back by another week or two.  I need to start treating my goals like deadlines and doing as much as I can to achieve them... no matter what!

I'm on this healthy journey to strengthen my goal-setting and goal-achieving abilities.

No comments: