Home    |    About TASG    |    Before and After     |     Weekly Meals & Exercise     |    TASG Goes Hiking  

Saturday, December 17, 2011

Reason 17: To run Koko Crater

(The list of "31 Days of Reasons" is not in any particular order)

When I began this journey, hiking was a major part of my workout routine.  I figured if I was killing myself, I'd rather die out in nature than on a treadmill.  I quickly learned to love it and there was one hike I liked to do often because it was pretty brutal.  Now, one of my goals is to run this:


Koko Crater (Stairs) Hike.  The hike is pretty much straight up the side of a mountain and is made up of old railroad tracks that were used to transport artillery material to a bunker at the top of the mountain.  The hike is 1000+ steps up and my fastest time walking with breaks is about 22 minutes.

I want to get out to Koko Crater - haven't been there in over a year - to see where I stand now... and see how much I have to train to be able to run it.

I'm on this healthy journey to do one of the things that make me say "WTF?!" - in a good way - when I see someone else doing it.

No comments: