Home    |    About TASG    |    Before and After     |     Weekly Meals & Exercise     |    TASG Goes Hiking  

Monday, December 5, 2011

Reason 5: To prove to others that I can do it

(The list of "31 Days of Reasons" is not in any particular order)

When I decide to get healthy and lose weight, a lot of people didn't think I could do it or they thought I was crazy for trying to lose 50 lbs.  One lady in particular, looked me up and down and said in the most sarcastic voice ever, "Don't you think that's a little ambitious?"

Wow!

To this day, that comment has stuck with me.  In fact I've had plenty of comments/emails similar to this sent my way over the years but these only fuel my desire to keep going.  Haters are always going to hate but what you do with the hate is up to you.  

I choose to use it as a form of motivation every time I start a workout.  It definitely allows me to push harder, run faster, and lift heavier.
 
I'm on this healthy journey to prove to "my haters" that I can do it.  And really, if I can, they can.

1 comment:

Polar's Mom said...

Funny how success, or the *threat* of it (to some people), brings out the green monster...I think losing weight makes people think about their own weight issues, and no one wants to face that ugly truth in the mirror! Good for you, screw her.