Home    |    About TASG    |    Before and After     |     Weekly Meals & Exercise     |    TASG Goes Hiking  

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Reason 18: To find a balance

(The list of "31 Days of Reasons" is not in any particular order)

Having balance is necessary for every aspect of your life.  Whether it's financial balance or family life, you need to have it to keep things sane.  Since this is a weight-loss/fitness blog, I'll keep my reason of balance to nutrition and exercise.


Right now, I'm teetering between neurotic and normal.  And normal to me, means not thinking about food or exercise 24/7.  Not worrying about whether or not I measured or weighed my food correctly.   Not eating something at a party because I don't know the exact calorie count of a serving.  Not worrying about my workout: upper body or lower body today?

I wear a Bodybugg (LURV it!) and count my calories religiously.  I'm constantly checking my calories burned for the day to see if I can eat an extra two ounces of salmon or if I can fit in that extra apple.  My brain is constantly on my activity level and I find myself going for short walks throughout my work day just to boost my levels.  There's nothing wrong with that and it's worked for me, but is this something I can keep up for the rest of my life?  Counting calories everyday?  Worrying about getting a high enough calorie burn?  NO THANKS!!  I don't want my life to be run by the fact that I'm trying to get healthier and fitter.

I'm on this healthy journey to find balance between exercise, nutrition, and life in general.
 Like how I used a fitness related pict for my "balance"?

1 comment:

Kyle said...

Balance is totally achievable...I haven't been counting calories or using my BB for awhile now...but it also could have saved me potentially from regaining much of the prior weight lost. I'd like to think I'm now living both the balance along with achieving the weight lost.

Even if I have a balanced approach, i.e. making good food choices, exercising, etc., I still have an obsessive/focused approach to it...and that may need more balance too.

For me, I don't know if it'll ever come naturally or on auto-pilot...I guess we'll see. I just know that I won't be able to lower my guard.