Home    |    About TASG    |    Before and After     |     Weekly Meals & Exercise     |    TASG Goes Hiking  

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Reason 10: So people stop judging me

(The list of "31 Days of Reasons" is not in any particular order)

Let's face it.  As much as we try not to, we judge people... a lot!  Would you rather sign up with the personal trainer that looks ripped and athletic or the trainer who has a little fat on his bones?  What if you found out that ripped trainer can lift weights like there's no tomorrow but they can't run a mile faster than 15 minutes or do any type of cardio for more than 30 minutes?  What if you found out the "chubby" trainer can squat twice his body weight, run an 8-minute mile, and is a certified dietitian?  I'd go with the "chubby" one because it seems like he's more well-rounded when it comes to health but you'd never know that by looking at him.

Most people will automatically assume the "chubby" trainer isn't as good as the ripped trainer.

On my blog, I try not to preach about things because 1.) I'm no where near a professional and 2.) who would believe me, a "chubby" girl?  You want fitness advice?  Don't go see the chubby girl.  But if you want restaurant suggestions... go see the chubby girl.

I'm tired of people judging me and assuming they have me figured out because of the way I look.  People assume I have no will-power when it comes to food and I must eat all day.  They assume I don't workout.  They assume I can't go up a flight of stairs without getting winded.  I know it shouldn't matter what other people think but living in a society that has rules about how women are supposed to look... it makes it tough.  I'm definitely getting healthy for myself (it's the only way to do it!) and I know people will always judge me, no matter what, but I want it to be because of something other than my weight.

I'm on this healthy journey to free the fit girl inside the fat girl... and try to stop caring about what others think of me.

No comments: